RM Winery Autumn Newsletter
2017 Harvest Update
Although the bulk of harvest has finished in the vineyard, there is still a lot of work behind the scenes in the winery. The Nebbiolo from our neighboring vineyard, Tabby Cat, were the last grapes to arrive at the winery on Saturday, October 21st. After the Nebbiolo is pressed and pumped into the barrel, the wine will go through malolatic fermentaion and we will continue to stir the lees in the barrel until we rack the wine in the spring.
Rodrigue Molyneaux 2017 Grape Varietals:
- Petit Verdot
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Malbec (new for Rodrigue Molyneaux)
- Cabernet Franc
Holidays in the Vineyards
Saturday and Sunday December 3 and 4 12:30 – 4:00PM
Wineries showcase their decorated tasting rooms with special wines, arts, crafts, holiday music, activities and more across the Livermore Valley during this free annual event. Rodrigue Molyneaux will host Pleasanton artist Lee Ann Caldwell and will be collecting toys for Toys for Tots all weekend.
For more information about participating wineries visit the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association website.
Local Gifts for Your Holiday Events
Looking for something unique to gift this year? Rodrigue Molyneaux has many options to fit any budget. How about giving a wine tasting experience? Gift cards for wine tastings can be purchased in the tasting room. We also sell Tri Valley Trails, a book mapping hikes and trails in the local parks that surround Livermore Valley written by Nancy Rodrigue and Jackie Poulsen.
Our popular 2012 Envie Barbera port and bottles of our olive oil are perfect for a hostess gift or added to a gourmet food basket. Keep a look out in the tasting room for printed recipe cards to pair with our wines. Whatever you may be looking for, our knowledgeable staff can help pick the perfect wine for any occasion or palate.
What We Are Thankful For
As we approach Thanksgiving we would like to express our appreciation for those who have helped shape Rodrigue Molyneaux and achieve 14 years in operation:
- Wente who shared their expertise, planted our vineyard, and helped with our production as we grew before were able to purchase our own equipment.
- Our daughter and son-in- law who took us from a mom and pop operation to a full-fledged winery.
- Las Positas College for their excellent wine education program where many of our knowledgeable staff have taken classes.
- Our staff who love our wine, love our winery and love our customers.
- Finally we’d like to thank our staff and visitors who encourage us and and keep the winery flourishing.
We are thankful to be part of the Livermore Valley wine country and look forward to being a part of it for many years to come.
Garry and Nancy Rodrigue